Most people with narcolepsy take medications as part of their treatment, and with the best care, most of them become much more awake. The greatest improvements occur when medications are helpful, behavioural strategies are taken with care, and any additional sleep disorders are managed.
The ultimate goal is to find medications that provide the most benefits and the best way to stay awake while causing the fewest problems. Persistence is need because the first option is not always the best.
Doctors recommend Modalert/ Modafinil as a reasonable goal to maintain normal alertness throughout the day, especially during critical times such as school, work, or driving.
Read more, for a summary of medications like Modafinil to treating narcolepsy.
Table of Contents
Medications for Improving Alertness
- Modafinil or Armodafinil are frequently good choices for people who have mild to moderate sleepiness.
- Amphetamines or sodium oxybate, on the other hand, often produce the best results in people with more severe sleepiness.
- All of these medications have the potential to cause serious side effects, so use them as prescribed by a doctor.
- Amphetamines and gamma-hydroxybutyrate (the active ingredient in sodium oxybate) are two of these medications that have the potential to be abused.
- People who use high doses recreationally can become addicted and dependent, requiring higher doses of the drug. and displaying withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking the drug.
- However, addiction or abuse appears to be extremely rare in people with narcolepsy who take these medications regularly at the recommended doses.
About Modafinil/ Modalert
Modafinil is highly effective and widely used for treating narcolepsy. Modalert is a generic variation of Modafinil that contains equally in to the Modalert tablets.
The original formulation (Provigil or generic modafinil) is a combination of active and inactive compounds. whereas the newer form (Nuvigil or armodafinil) is the purified active compound.
Why is this Medication prescribed?
- Buy Modalert 200mg tablet as it boosts alertness by increasing dopamine levels in the brain, which is a wake-promoting chemical. Avoid sleeping pills by making full use of Modalert 200mg Tablet.
- Large clinical trials have shown that modafinil and armodafinil reduce sleepiness as measured by the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. Also moderately improved the ability to stay awake on the Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT).
How should this Medication be used?
- Modafinil is an oral tablet. Take daily-once, with or without food. Experts suggest taking Modafinil generally in the morning to treat narcolepsy or OSAHS.
- If you are taking modafinil to treat shift work sleep disorder, take it an hour before your shift starts. Consistently take modafinil.
- Modalert 200mg improves alertness for about eight hours, so most people prefer to take it in the morning.
- Some people find that it wears off in the early afternoon and may prefer to take half the recommended dose in the morning and the other half after lunch.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any instructions you don’t understand. Follow Modafinil’s instructions.
- Modafinil is habit-forming. Do not take more, or for longer than prescribed.
- Modafinil also reduces the effectiveness of birth control pills. So women taking modafinil should use an alternative method of birth control.
- Modafinil may reduce sleepiness, but it won’t cure sleep disorders. Avoid sleeping pills in this case. Even if you’re well-relax, take modafinil. Notify your doctor before stopping Modafinil.
- Modafinil can’t replace sleep. Follow your doctor’s sleep advice. Continue using any breathing devices or treatments your doctor has prescribed, especially for OSAHS.
Overall, modafinil has fewer side effects than some other wake-promoting medications, but it can cause headaches, nausea, and insomnia in rare cases. It can occasionally cause a severe and dangerous rash that necessitates immediate medical attention.